I'm starting a Book of Aspirations* for our family. We can write in it whenever we have something that we would like to do, to experience, to have, to be, or even something that we long for. And beside the thing we're dreaming of, a date to write when we fulfill it. I know full well that some of our dreams may never be fulfilled, but I never want our current reality (or what even seems plausible) to stunt our imagination for something more.**
While I've been mulling this over, something I've been dreaming of has hit my horizon. I'm on the brink of fulfilling something I thought would take a really long time. All of a sudden, it is falling into my lap. Quickly, more quickly than I could have expected. I'm excited, can't stop smiling when I think about it. At the same time, nervous and a bit scared of trying something new. This means so much to me, and I can't wait to have the opportunity to do it.
*I don't know quite what to call it.. a dream book maybe, though that brings images of dreams that come while sleeping...book of ambitions seems too performance driven...book of desires doesn't move me to take action.... I can't think of the right title, but the idea is to have a book where we can write about something that we long for and pursue it!
**By more, I don't necessarily mean Bigger or Better or More Stuff. Just something beyond where we are now or new to us. I think one of my first aspirations will be for us to do a family photo day where we take pictures of our life for a whole day. We've not done it before, it will bring us together as a family, and we'll have the memories in pictures to share in the future.
I like this idea, Dawn! I'm thinking up a name for it...:)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the pictures of life for a day!
Great idea, Dawn. (PS, Miss you guys!)
Miss you guys too!
ReplyDeletewe should chat again soon. I want to hear all about what's going on and being written in this new book:)
ReplyDelete