Tuesday, February 7, 2012

And she's off...

Today I registered little lady for Kindergarten.   She's had many months of walking her brother to school, wishing she could follow him into the school yard.  Today she told me that she plans to make lots of new friends at school.  "And Mom, I will be okay," she tells me frankly.

My heart is still a bit torn.  Letting go of the plans I had for homeschooling still makes me a bit sad.  But I am thankful that it is so obvious that with all of our needs, school is the best choice.  I'm thankful that B's teacher has been really easy to work with, that she cares for B, and has helped him be successful not only academically, but also emotionally and socially.  We're hoping little lady gets placed in her class (and I do admit I requested it on the registration form!).

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting and scary. I'm so glad it was so obvious and clear to you guys what E needs. Praise Him for his wisdom and discernment.
    Miss you guys. xo

    ReplyDelete