I love it when Gluten-Free baking is enjoyable. And my buns are fabulous (smile!). Here is my recipe: (adapted from Gluten Free Goddess Bread recipe)
Gluten-Free Buns
Dry:
1 cup Sorghum Flour
1 cup Tapioca Starch
1/2 cup millet flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp rapid dry yeast
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix with a fork to blend the dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients. I put mine in a magic bullet cup and then blend it.
Wet:
1 1/4 cup warm water
3 tbsp light tasting oil (grapeseed, light olive, etc)
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
2tbsp ground chia seeds * mixed with 4tbsp water.
Pour the blended liquid ingredients into the dry. Mix with a fork until wet. Then I use a hand mixer and mix on low for about 1 minute until all of the dry is well blended into the wet.
Set aside and cover for 20 minutes. Mix with a fork 3-5 times around the bowl. Then cover and set aside again for 20 more minutes. Pre-heat your oven to 350.
Grab a muffin tin. Grease the tin (I use coconut oil). Put a scoop of batter in each tin.
Bake in the oven for 40 min.** Enjoy!
*I buy chia seeds and pulse them in my magic bullet. This is an egg replacer. You can also use 1 tbsp commercial egg replacer whisked with 4tbsp warm water or try it with eggs.
** You may need to adjust this time based on your oven. The inside should be soft, but not dark/wet looking.

No comments:
Post a Comment