At the end of every year, I write a few of my favorite things for that year. It's a history marker for me. My memory isn't great and I know at some point I'll wonder, "what did I like back then??". I usually throw in some significant moments too. So here goes: (in no particular order)
Favorite
color - black (i think there is still some sentimentality with black from when I performed)
outfit - black dress shirt and dark jeans
shoes- black ballet flats
book - the Psalms
food - fruit smoothies, coconut ice cream, rice
drink - evian water
restaurant - Ben Thanh Asian
thing to do - laugh with my family, read books, watch movies with Eric
movie - of all time is still "Stranger than Fiction"
love interest - okay, so this applied when I was a teenager and won't change now....Eric :)
ice cream flavor - chocolate, chocolate, chocolate (now been replaced with coconut ice cream)
gadget - my kids' walkie talkies - hours of play!
favorite family memory - hiking through old growth forest in BC
favorite memory with my spouse - our date to the opera
firsts - starting a blog, sticking to a work out plan
hardest moment - losing the ability to walk (greatest moment: learning to walk again!)
songs - this year's been about more light hearted tunes -easy to listen to...here's a few that keep running through my head:
Michael Franti and Spearhead "Say Hey (I Love You)"
Colbie Caillat "You Got Me"
Matt Redman "You Never let Go"
i really like those first two tunes! i haven't heard either before.
ReplyDeleteThey were great finds!
ReplyDelete