Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fantastic Figaro

My love graciously accepted an invitation from me to go on a date to the opera.  We went to see Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro (Le nozze di Figaro).  It was a perfect way to introduce him to opera - an abbreviated version, in English, with narration so that the audience would understand what was going on.

I was elated to be sitting in the concert hall.  As the lights dimmed and the orchestra tuned their instruments, I had an overwhelming sense of belonging.  My heart was at peace.  The sound of the strings washed the stress of the day away. The horn lines -fragrant bouquets sent with my name attached. And, the sounds of the voices wrapped around me like a cozy blanket on a cold day.  Rest. My mind, my body, my heart at Rest.

And to experience it all with the person I love more than anyone else in the world - Fantastic!


This date was good for my soul.  I haven't experienced music like this in a long time, and it felt fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment