Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Girl Time

A few weeks ago, my daughter and I started a new bedtime routine.  She's loves to be pampered (who doesn't?!) and so each night we sit together on the bed, spread out a soft towel, glob some lotion, and give each other a foot massage.  It relaxes both of us and no matter how our day has gone, it ends peacefully. 

I look forward to it each night.  My heart as a mom is to be connected to my children.  I want to understand their heart, to see the world as they do, and to nurture them.  I want her to know how special she is, how much I love her, and that I will listen to her.  This is a small way to do that.

I hold her little feet and we talk to each other.  Tonight she told me how much she likes to paint and sing songs about puppies.

I imagine us way in the future...her as a teenager.  I hope we will continue this for a long time.  Maybe she'll talk to me about the drama of being a teenage girl, or about her favorite hobbies, or even about the boy she has a crush on.  I hope she'll tell me about her dreams,  her disappointments, her thoughts, her fears.

I know this is something to treasure now and a foundation for the future.  I am soaking in these moments...

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! Can't wait to have fun like this with Liky one day :)

    ReplyDelete