I added a new header to my blog tonight...So why these pictures?
The first represents my past. It was taken a decade ago in University at a concert I was performing in. I love music, it frees something from the very core of my being. When I hear music, I can see color and light. I feel the full breadth of my emotions and I make sense of my world. My life as a musician is a big part of who I am. Over the last number of years, my musical life has been on the back burner. This photo reminds me of where I've come from, a love and zest for life, and calls me to not forget the creativity and passions deep within me.
The second is from my wedding day. The day I knew I loved him was a major marker in my life. Love is transformative. My marriage has opened my eyes to the passions of love and the choice of love. I have many "a-ha" moments as I learn to love.
The last is a picture taken during my pregnancy with our son. The birth of our children is one of the most spiritual, powerful, and overwhelmingly beautiful moments of my life. My children are my greatest teachers. They teach me simple joys as we experience life together. They remind me to not take my life too seriously, to laugh often, to forgive graciously, and to enjoy small moments that could easily pass me by.

"My children are my greatest teachers."
ReplyDeleteAmen, Dawn, Amen. Little Matthew has taught me so much in these few short (and long) 5 months.