Dear Cheese,
I miss you terribly. Your flavor and texture are unmatched by any other food. I hope that one day I will see you again, but it seems our destiny is to be apart forever.
I am sad, but we must move on. I have to break the news to you that I have found someone else. They will never take your place, but are the best I can find apart from you. So long and farewell.
Herbed Nut "Cream Cheese"*
1 1/3 cups Brazil, Macadamia, or pine nuts (I used Brazil because they are the most economical)
1/4 cup oil (I used sunflower)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp dill (or your favorite seasoning)
Combine nuts (dry nuts, not soaked), lemon, salt, oil and 1/3 cup of water in a blender. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add spices. Chill. Spread on your favorite cracker/cake/bread and Enjoy!
*I can't find the book that I got this recipe from...I know it is a raw food recipe book. If anyone knows I'd be happy to pay tribute to the author
No comments:
Post a Comment